Recreational Vehicles Insurance
If you and your family own recreational vehicles, you want to make sure they’re protected from collision, weather, theft, vandalism or a dozen other things that can damage or destroy them. One of the best ways to protect them is to have them covered under a recreational vehicle’s insurance plan. Even if you only use your recreational vehicles occasionally, you want to know they’re in good shape when you do use them.
Recreational vehicle insurance is a specific insurance policy that covers almost any type of recreational vehicle you could own.
• Off-road vehicles – This includes ATVs, dirt bikes, dune buggies, snowmobiles, and golf carts
• Motor homes
• Marine – This includes boats, motorboats, jet skis, pontoons, and similar personal watercraft
• Travel trailers
• 5th wheel trailers
When you purchase recreational vehicle insurance, you get more than just a basic insurance policy. Depending on what you’re covering, you can these types of additional coverage.
• Replacement coverage if your personal belongings are stolen while inside a motor home or travel trailer
• Total loss replacement coverage if the vehicle is totaled out within the first couple years
• Towing and roadside assistance to help with fuel delivery, tire changes, towing and locksmith services
You can purchase recreational vehicle insurance policies year-round or for just the months when you’re using the vehicles. The policies can be customized to the one that best meets your needs. Typical coverage includes:
• Collision – Covers damages are done to the vehicle when you or another driver hit into something.
• Comprehensive – Covers damages that are done to the vehicle by something else such as wind or storm damage, deer, bird or even the kids hitting it with a baseball.
• Liability insurance – This offers protection against lawsuits if someone else was injured while in or on your recreational vehicles.
• Bodily injury liability – This helps pay for medical bills for others while injured while in or on your vehicles.
Having recreational vehicle insurance can be very beneficial because these types of vehicles can be very expensive to repair. Additionally, every year people get injured on recreational vehicles. While we’d like to think our friends and neighbors would never sue us, the reality is that it does happen, but recreational vehicles insurance protections you from loss due to lawsuits.